Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The End of the Whole 30

So my Whole 30 officially ended... I think yesterday?  I didn't write about it nearly as much as I'd expected to, since the last time I did a Whole 30 it was so mind-bogglingly difficult I wanted to write my frustration out at every single turn.  This time it was like... eat food, work, and suddenly it's over.  I'll be continuing the full Whole 30 into tomorrow (I have a doctor's appointment and want to see the exact results from pre- and post-Whole 30) before adding back a few select things (some dairy, maybe a little sweetener, occasional sushi) and seeing if they affect me too much.

But yeah... it was remarkably easy this time, which I didn't expect.  Last time as soon as the Whole 30 was done the food addiction kicked in and I was basically mauling cake.  I don't feel like that this time, which is a great success.

Anyway, I'll be leaving next week for an out-of-state business trip, meaning my diet will likely be very compromised.  I will be striving for "paleo-as-possible-with-regard-to-the-circumstances," meaning I might have a serious cheat meal here and there but otherwise I'll be going with whatever is closest.

When that time comes, I'll try to keep writing but I can't promise anything.  I do have a few other things to post before I go, though!